How To Choose The Right Running Gloves
Running gloves can be an essential addition to any runner’s kit. Whether you’re running in cold weather or just looking to protect your hands from the elements, there are many factors to consider when choosing the right running gloves. Here are some tips to help you make the best selection for your needs.
1. Know your climate: The first step in choosing the right running gloves is to understand the climate in which you’ll be doing most of your running. If you live in a warmer climate, you should look for a lightweight pair that won’t make your hands sweat. On the other hand, if you live in a colder climate where temperatures are often below freezing, you’ll need a heavier pair of gloves made from thicker materials.
2. Consider the type of fabric: There are a variety of fabrics used to make running gloves, such as synthetic, leather, wool, and fleece. Each fabric offers different levels of warmth, breathability, and flexibility. For example, leather or synthetic materials are usually more durable and waterproof, which can be beneficial in cold or wet climates. Wool and fleece gloves are good for providing extra warmth, but these materials can be itchy and uncomfortable.
3. Look for features: Many running gloves feature additional features to enhance comfort and performance. Look for gloves that offer touchscreen capabilities, reflective elements for visibility, and even adjustable straps for a snugger fit. These features can come in handy, especially if you’re running at night or in low-light conditions.
4. Check the size: Make sure to pick gloves that fit snugly but don’t restrict blood flow or movement. Measure the circumference of your hand at the knuckles and use that measurement when selecting your gloves. If you’re still unsure, consider buying a pair of gloves with adjustable straps or a sizing chart.
5. Check the price: Lastly, consider the cost of the gloves. Quality gloves can cost anywhere from $20 to $100 or more, so it’s important to find a pair that fits your budget. If you’re just starting out, you may want to look for a more affordable pair to get a feel for running with gloves.
When it comes to selecting the right running gloves, it’s important to consider the climate, type of fabric, features, size, and cost. Doing so will help ensure that you purchase a pair of gloves that offer the best protection and performance for your needs.
Types Of Running Gloves
Running gloves are a great way to keep your hands warm and dry while running outdoors in cold weather. Not only do they prevent the chill from seeping into your bones, they also provide additional grip and protection. There are several types of running gloves available, each suited to different weather conditions and personal preferences.
The most basic type of running gloves are lightweight, thin gloves made of technical fabric. These are great for mild weather, as they are not bulky and allow for some breathability. They also often have a special coating on the palms and fingers that gives improved traction when gripping surfaces. Some of these gloves also have a windproof layer for extra protection against wind chill.
Another popular type of running gloves are mid-weight gloves. These are thicker than the thin gloves and are usually made from fleece or wool. This makes them much warmer, although they may not be as breathable. They also tend to have a better grip, as the fabric is more textured and can help prevent slippage.
For extreme cold weather, you may want to consider heavy-weight gloves. These are usually made from thick wool and feature an additional layer of insulation. They keep your hands toasty and dry even in cold, wet conditions. They also have a waterproof membrane on the outside of the glove, so your hands stay dry even if the outer layer gets wet.
Fingerless gloves are great if you want to keep your fingers free while still keeping your hands warm. These gloves have all the benefits of a regular running glove, but with the added benefit of leaving your fingers exposed. This makes them ideal for tasks like tying laces and checking your watch.
Finally, there are touchscreen gloves. These gloves have a special coating on the fingertips that allows you to operate your smartphone or other device while wearing them. They are usually made from lightweight technical fabric, and are usually thin enough to fit comfortably under regular gloves.
No matter what type of running gloves you choose, make sure they fit your hands comfortably and securely. This will help ensure that your hands stay warm and dry during your run. Make sure to choose gloves that are suited to the temperature, humidity, and conditions of your running environment. With the right gloves, you’ll be able to keep your hands warm, dry, and comfortable during your runs.
Brands That Make Running Gloves
Running gloves are one of those small but indispensable pieces of kit for any runner, whether you’re dealing with frigid temperatures or just want to keep your hands warm on a chilly morning jog. There is no shortage of brands on the market today that make running gloves, ranging from the budget-friendly to the downright luxurious.
First and foremost, there’s Under Armour, a company that started out making sports apparel and gear for professional athletes and has since become a household name. Under Armour running gloves are designed to be lightweight and breathable with a snug fit. They come in a wide selection of colors and sizes to suit almost any runner’s preference, and many of their models feature touchscreen-compatible fingertips, thumb holes, and reflective details for added safety during low-light runs.
Next up is ASICS, another popular choice for runners who want performance-oriented gloves. Their gloves are often made with a combination of synthetic leather and stretch panels, providing comfort and flexibility while still remaining lightweight. ASICS gloves come in a range of styles and colors, and they offer some really impressive features such as gel-cushioned finger pads and silicone-coated gripping palms.
For those who want to splurge on the ultimate in running glove technology, Nike has what you’re looking for. Their top-of-the-line running gloves feature an outer layer of DWR-treated fabric for wind and water protection, plus an inner layer of thermal fleece to keep your hands warm and toasty. The gloves come with a range of tech-friendly features, such as touchscreen-compatible fingertip pads and integrated thumbholes for secure fit and enhanced mobility.
Adidas is also a great choice for running gloves, with models made from a variety of breathable, lightweight fabrics. Many Adidas gloves come with synthetic leather details for added durability and grip, as well as reflective elements to help you stay visible during low-light runs.
Finally, Salomon makes some really great running gloves. They’re designed to be breathable and lightweight, yet still offer plenty of warmth and protection from the elements. Salomon gloves come with a number of impressive features, such as ventilated panels to help keep your hands cool, as well as touchscreen-compatible fingertips and a sleek, streamlined design.
No matter your budget or needs, there’s sure to be a pair of running gloves from one of these brands that will suit you perfectly. With so many great options on the market today, it’s easy to find the perfect pair of running gloves to help you get the most out of your runs.